Why should I rent from your company? How do I apply to rent? Will I sign a lease? Why should I rent from your company? We are a professional, knowledgeable, and courteous property management company. We work very hard to provide the highest quality resident services you’ll ever experience. We use professional vendors (painters, handymen, plumbers, carpet cleaners, etc) to ensure that your unit is in good condition. We inspect the work performed to ensure that everything is ready before you move in. We are available 24 hours a day to handle emergency maintenance repairs. We provide detailed Move-in and Move-out Inventory forms for proper documentation of the condition of your rental. All deposits that are retained by us are kept in an FDIC insured bank. When you sign your lease, you have a meeting with your property manager to go over all parts of the lease to help ensure that everyone is aware of their responsibilities under the lease. All our property managers are licensed real estate professionals according to state requirements.
How do I apply to rent?
Check out our application guidelines to be sure you qualify, then complete our application form and submit it to us along with the application fee for the home you want. We’ll process it and let you know the results.
Will I sign a lease?
Yes, for most of our properties you will sign a 12-month lease that covers our responsibilities to each other throughout our tenancy. We will go over each part of the lease to ensure you understand it. After your application is accepted, your deposit is received, and your lease is signed, we’ll hand you the keys to your home!
RESIDENT SELECTION CRITERIA
To guarantee compliance with the Federal Fair Housing Acts, a separate application is required for each applicant over the age of eighteen (excluding dependent children) who will reside at the property. Realty Services Property Management Company does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, or familial status. Realty Services adheres to all federal, state, and local fair housing and equal opportunity laws. Applicants will NOT be accepted on a “first-come, first-served” basis. The following are Aamerican property Management’s criteria for qualifying an applicant as a resident and must be included with the application:
1. Application must be fully completed, dated, and signed.
2. The application must be reviewed at the time of submission to ensure we have all information needed to determine eligibility.
3. The applicant must provide proof of identity with photo (such as a state driver’s license).
4. The applicant must provide a social security number or be able to verify that no number has been assigned.
5. A landlord history with a minimum of four years to verify proven payment history and that the applicant has never been evicted.
6. Family size must be in compliance with the available unit per HUD guidelines.
APPLICANTS MAY BE DENIED OCCUPANCY FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS:
a. Falsifying an application.
b. Incomplete application.
c. Poor rental history profile such as – Non-payment of rent – Poor credit history within 5 years (such as delinquent real estate accounts from evictions, broken leases or utility bills) – Joint bankruptcy or personal bankruptcy within the past 2 years or a bankruptcy that has not been discharged – A filed eviction (unless a stipulation was adhered to) – A history of violence to persons or property within the last 5 years – A felony within 7 years, a sexual predator or sexual offender – A history of poor or unsanitary housekeeping – A history of drug-related activity by any of the applicant’s household members – A history of unruly or destructive behavior by the resident or a member of the resident’s household. d. If an arrest record exists within seven years, it is up to the applicant to provide written verification from the proper authorities as to the final disposition of innocence or that the case was dropped.
APPLICANTS MAY HAVE AN ADVERSE REACTION FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
1. No employment
2. Residential verification of fewer than 2 years
3. No credit history All sources of income must be verified. Criminal and eviction records will be verified by an independent company. Any exceptions to these criteria must be submitted in writing to the rental agent for presentation to the landlord for consideration. If approval is given for such exceptions, additional security, co-signers, and/or additional advance rent payments may be required. ID Requirements: All residents that will be living in the unit over 18 years of age must have a current picture ID at the time of applying for the unit. Credit History: National Credit ratings cannot be higher than a 3 on all trade lines. All collections against you must show paid. (Over a three rating means not more than 60 days past due.) No Credit History is OK. Bankruptcy: You cannot have filed bankruptcy in the last 18 months, and the bankruptcy has to have been discharged at least one year ago, from the date of application for a unit. Your credit history from the date of bankruptcy has to be perfect. Eviction & Skip History: No evictions or skip history in the last six years, No Exceptions! Criminal History: No citation or convictions in the last seven years for such crimes as Possession of Drugs with the Intent to Distribute, Rape, Assault with a Deadly Weapon, Child Molestation, Burglary or Murder. No citations or convictions in the last year for such crimes as Possession of Drugs or Domestic Violence. Incomes: Single or Married: Combined income must be at least three times the rent on the unit they are renting. Roommates: Each roommate must have an income of at least two times the rent on the unit they are applying for. Employment: You must have at least six months on the job. If less than six months on the job, then the previous employer has to be checked and must be at least six months of employment on that job. Rental History: Must provide all information on your current and previous landlords for the last three years. A good rating from all landlords is a must! Pets: Pet policies vary from home to home. Most homes will allow one pet. No puppies or kittens. We have a pet agreement that must be signed saying you will be responsible for your pets and any damage that they cause. Additional deposits may apply. Fair Housing: It is unlawful to discriminate against any person based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, or familial status. We strictly adhere to this policy. You may pick up an application at our office or call and we will fax one to you. We ask that you drive by the property then call our office for an appointment to view that property. Our screening process is usually completed in one day after our office receives your application. We must have the $30.00 screening fee before we can process your application.
Utility Information Guide (often provided with “Reservation Agreement”)
GETTING SETTLED Getting Connected
Tenants: ________________________________________________________ Property: ________________________________________________________ Provided as a reminder and resource to assist new tenants in completing the transfer of all utilities to their own personal accounts prior to occupancy/lease starting date. You must pay for Waste management services ELECTRICITY Florida Power & Light Co. requires a deposit that varies according to a customer’s credit rating. An initial service charge is included on the first bill. A certificate of occupancy following an electrical inspection is required for the first service for a new home. To receive FPL service, call 723-7795 any time or go to www.fpl.com GAS Florida City Gas supplies natural gas to most of Brevard. The company requires a meter deposit that varies according to the amount of monthly gas usage. The meter deposit is refunded with interest after 12 months to customers with good payment records. A $50 startup fee is required. To begin gas service, call 800-993-7546. For new homes, call 632-1734. For further details, visit www.floridacitygas.com. TELEPHONE Contact Bell South at 888-757-6500 at any hour to set up residential service. A deposit amount is determined by the customer’s credit report. Customers must give their address, Social Security and driver license numbers. WATER. TRASH. SEWERS Charges for sewer, water, and deposit rates vary throughout the county. When service is disconnected, deposits are refunded. Charges for sewer, water, and deposit rates vary throughout the county. When service is disconnected, deposits are refunded. Waste Management serves Palm Bay: 723-4455 Melbourne supplies water to its residents and those of Indian Harbour Beach, Satellite Beach, Indialantic, Melbourne Beach, Melbourne Village, and parts of West Melbourne. The city requires a $43 water deposit and a $77 sewer deposit for mainland residents and customers on city water. A $103 water and sewer deposit are required for beachside residents on county sewer. Go to Melbourne City Hall, 900 E. Strawbridge Ave. Call 727-2900 or 953-6390. Or visit melbourneflorida.org West Melbourne, a $100 deposit is required to establish service, and a non-refundable $10 service fee is added to the first bill. Billing for trash collection is included in the water-sewer bill. Deposit is refunded when service is disconnected. Call 727-7700 or visit www.westmelbourne.org. Go to West Melbourne City Hall, 555 Washington Ave. Cocoa provides service from Port St. John south to the Pineda Causeway in north Melbourne and includes residents of Merritt Island and Cocoa Beach. Charges vary. All customers pay a $20 administration fee that shows up on the first bill. Cocoa residents may pay deposits of $50 for sewer plus $40 for water. Customers on septic tanks pay only the $40 water deposit. Go to Cocoa City Hall, 603 Brevard Ave., between 8 am and 5 pm on weekdays. Call 639-7500 or visit www.cocoafla.org Palm Bay, a $40 water deposit and/or a $50 sewer deposit is required to establish service and a non-refundable $15.33 service fee is required. Billing for trash collection is NOT included in the water/-sewer bill. (Waste Management serves Palm Bay: 723-4455). Deposit is refunded when service is disconnected. Call 952-3420 or visit www.palmbayflorida.org. Go to Palm Bay City Hall, 120 Malabar Road, Palm Bay 32907 before 3:30 PM. The Waste Management invoice will arrive in an envelope addressed to the owner at your new address – please pay this bill as it is your responsibility to do so. Information herein is provided to assist tenant(s) with utility transfer and is neither guaranteed nor represented to be updated and/or completely accurate.
Tenant: _________________________Date: ______________ Tenant: _________________________Date: ______________ Tenant: _________________________Date: ______________ Witness: _______________________________________
I value putting the right deal together vs. simply pursuing a commission or fee. The Manager, Tenant, and Owner have to be willing to enter into forthright and honest business dealings. There are Property/Owner situations, however rare, that have to be avoided and in the past, I have actually returned properties when circumstances dictated.
For help with, or about your Real Estate needs.
Please call us at 321-693-8026
e-mail us at www.2apm.com
We look forward to meeting and helping you.